Express your faith in action. Help your friends and neighbours reduce their energy bills.
SPIRIT is a new energy saving initiative in the London Borough of Barnet. The project offers free training in energy saving to members of faith communities. Following the free training, on-going support from an energy advisor will help residents to deliver advice to their friends and family via in-home visits or holding small energy group sessions.
These sessions can help households save energy, save money and have a warmer home, as well as contributing to action on climate change.
How will your community benefit?
• Free energy and water saving advice
• Advice on switching energy tariffs
• Installation of free water-saving devices and an energy monitor
• Signposting to further support available for debt relief, repairs and other local benefits
• Free professional Green Doctor visit to their home
• Less financial and mental stress
• Improved comfort and well-being
What will you get out of becoming an energy champion?
• You will become part of a network of Energy Champions across London and Europe
• You will be invited to a national Energy Champions event
• The opportunity to meet new people in your community
• The knowledge that you are helping the health and wellbeing of your community and expressing your faith through action
• Energy and water saving advice and measures for your own home
• Free water saving devices for your home
• Free professional Green Doctor visit to your home
• Free energy monitor for your home
As a member of a faith community in London you can get free training to become an Energy Saving Champion and advise your friends and neighbours on reducing their energy use.