Events for organisations
Tuesday 31st October @ North London Hospice
The Volunteer Coordinators' Forum is your opportunity to meet other local organisations and share news and ideas. We hold this event twice a year, and for October's Forum, we are delighted to be hosted by the North London Hospice.
Feedback from our previous training and networking events includes:
“A great opportunity to get together with other Barnet-based organisations.”
“The ability to network felt less formal and less pressured than other events.”
“Lots of useful information and tips. A lot of various new avenues to try now!"
You are invited to join this event; bringing the wealth of experience you have working with volunteers, to look at your current challenges and support needs you may have.
The forum is free for registered organisations. Please click here to book your place.
Organisation Support Surgeries
A monthly surgery will be held in the borough for volunteering-Involving organisations (VIOs) to make an appointment to see staff from Volunteering Barnet. These will be half day events that will be held across the borough in order to provide support where required to VIOs. The framework will be the London Volunteer Management Charter, as agreed by members of Greater London Volunteering two years ago, of which Volunteering Barnet are a part.
So, if you have any questions or support needs, you can meet with our staff to discuss
- volunteer roles
- reward / recognition
- any other volunteer programme needs
To book onto one of the surgeries, please register your slot online.
For further information about upcoming surgeries, please contact the team.
As well as support surgery, we hold a number of other events for Volunteer Involving Organisations in Barnet.
- Twice a year we hold our Volunteer Coordinators' Forum, giving volunteer coordinators the opportunity to meet, network and develop Best Practice in Volunteer Management. Our next Coordinators' Forum will be held in Autumn 2017.
- During Volunteers' Week, we hold our annual Barnet Volunteering Fair. For details of our latest fair, see here: Barnet Volunteering Fair 2017.
- We also deliver and support a number of training events in the borough. See our Training Page and EventBrite for updates.
- We also support a number of community and volunteer events throughout the year, including Social Action Projects.
For more details of upcoming events, please get in touch.